16 BIT Features!
Here is a list of features that we have added.
DayCare 2008 Version Released
Giving 2008 Version Released.
Free Checkbook Program
Giving Patch available in download section. Fixes password screen not
displaying properly. Fixes and enhanced Giving statement reports.
Upgraded "Giving Quick Entry" to have alphabetical click list to easily and
quickly find a member.
TOTALLY NEW RELEASE FOR MAPELSOFT GIVING!
April 30 2005 added Departmentalization to the checkbook.
Allows you to print a department checkbook report. Enter a department
number when creating bills and entering records into the checkbook. When
entering giving records, enter :# for the department in the "details field".
For example. If somebody is giving a certain amount and you want that
giving record to go to depart 2, enter a colon and then the dept number, such as
":2" and then any additional description.
March 2005 new upgrade interface to MapleSoft Giving.
Additional reports such as Giving Types Summary.
January 2005 total upgrade to the DayCare 2000 interface. Product now
called DayCare 2005. Main update includes easier to understand and quicker
access to features.
Here is the most recent features available in the upgrade 2004.
1) Enlarged all of the data entry screens.
2) Added a Custom Report Writer "for you".
3) Added a Backup & Email Program.
Here is the most recent features available in the upgrade 2003.
1) Photo added in child master record
2) Roster report added
3) Child account & statement reports expanded to handle date range
and the ability to choose a specific child or family.
4) Custom reports expanded so that you can see and use custom
reports created for other daycare's. When you request a custom
report it will plug into the custom report screen so that you can see
a description and explanation about the report.
5) Child Statement report includes contact field from company setup.
Use this field to display miscellaneous information.
6) Easier to choose report criteria for child account statement report.
Here is the most recent features added 2002.
1) Reports are in color.
2) Right mouse click on Red "help" button brings up context sensitive help.
Regular click on Red "help" brings up quick tips.
3) Print Labels for children, staff & programs.
4) New main screen & menu layout to make it easier to flow from step to step.
5) "More Settings" in "Company Setup" has option to increase screen
sizes for monitors set to greater than 640 X 480. For example if your video setting is 800
X 600, this would allow you to see more records.
Here is a list of Previous features that we have added.
1) Handles Multiple Daycares
2) Print Reports by Location
3) Password Protect each Module
4) New Chart of Accounts
5) Full Payroll Module
- Calculates federal, social security, medicare
& state tax
(state tax calculation requires purchase of state tax tables or
setup of state tax withholding amount in employee/staff
- Handles special deductions like health
insurance & pension
- Easy step by step Payroll.
- Access to Federal & State tax tables.
6) Better Integration Of Attendance And Billing
- Generate billings from child attendance
- Or use the account scheduler
7) New Improved Staff Time
- Integrates from child attendance
- Integrates to payroll
8) Batch Printing For Bills and Payroll
9) Enter data for Time fields in Standard Time or Military Time.
10) More Reports that run Faster.
11) A New Improved Easy To Understand Manual
12) New Report Engine - Print to screen & select pages to print
13) Form & Data Expands - As you stretch out forms,
data will increase rows & columns allowing
you to see more "or less".
14) New Quick Help on every screen.
15) New Popup Calendar for easy fill in for date fields.
16) Automatically increase screen sizes.
Go into company setup & choose settings.
17) Turn off or on the automatic ref_no field in child accounts.
Go into the company setup & choose settings
18) We have added a quick accounts feature that allows for quicker data
This feature allows you to enter child accounts
"billing & receipts" & allows
you to print a receipt. There is a post
button for posting the quick entries
To regular child accounts.
19) Payroll can now be ran by location. Each location must be
starting a new location "thru
posting". Also in payroll setup a field has been
added to enable state tax tables to have a
married/single rate. You should
put a "Y" in this field, if your
state tax tables have Married and single. If not
put an N or leave it blank.
To read other update information & bugs that have been fixed,
1) Need Password Protection? When you purchase DayCare 2005, we will add the
password protection unit that allows you to password each financial component, so that
only authorized people can access your important information.
2) Staff Time Clock. MapleSoft now offers a Software Time Clock that can be
used for your staff. This program will work by itself or with DayCare 2005. It
is sold seperately for only $49.00. But is free when you purchase DayCare 2005.
This program allows your staff to enter their staff id number and the person would
then click on an "In" or "Out" button. The time is generated
from the computer, so that no one can change their time. It has a password protected
administration component that you can update DayCare 2005 with or export to disk with your
staff's time. Click here for more information.
3) How About Import/Export Capabilities? Now an additional free module, which
lets you export and import data from DayCare 2005 to another computer via floppy disk,
e-mail or to another directory on your hard drive. You can even export to
spreadsheet files, word-processing files and more, so that you can use your data in a
different program. Make your own reports, sort & format data to see information
from DayCare 2005 in different ways. You can even put selective data criteria such
as dates and child id numbers, so that the export file will have just the information you
need. Here are some examples that you might want to do.
A) Maybe you have more than one daycare facility, but want to run
payroll at the main facility for all facilities. You could export the selected staff
time records from all satellite facilities "via floppy disk or e-mail" &
then import the staff time records at the main facility where you could then run a payroll
for all employees at all facilities.
B) How about doing work at home? Maybe you just have one
facility, but want to enter data at home & at the daycare facility. You could
use the import export features to transfer data back and forth from each computer.
You can select which files to transfer, so if you wanted to just work on attendance, then
you could choose the activity & attendance file. Or if you wanted to pay bills,
then you could choose the bill file.
C) Maybe you would like to use an Attendance Report in MS Excel.
Just choose the desired file. Click on the "Special" button & the
information will come up on screen. You can then send it to a file on your hard disk
or to a floppy disk, that MS Excel can use. The same thing works for Lotus 123 or MS
Word and other popular file types.
4) Parent/Child Time Clock. Want the parents to clock their children in and
out as they come and go? When you purchase DayCare 2005, we add an additional Child
Time Clock program, that you can setup on a different computer "or the same computer
as DayCare 2005". Real easy to use, the parent or guardian just enters the
Child's 5 digit id number & clicks on a "Clock In/Out" button. That's
it. There's an administration component so that you can update DayCare 2005 directly
or send the data to a floppy disk, that you can then import to DayCare 2005 "if
DayCare 2005 is on a different computer". We recommend that you clock in
and out your children in DayCare 2005, so that you have the needed control. If
you decide to use this component, we suggest having your teachers or childcare workers,
clock the children in and out.
To read more about previous features, we suggest you read our FAQ